Saturday, March 14, 2009

What to do with Dolly?

So Eliana has been more than a little mischevious lately (to say the least). And it never fails when she gets caught she blames it on dolly. So Friday afternoon I was working on the taxes and Eliana went in her room to play. It had been pretty quiet for about ten minutes so I got up to check on her. She meets me halfway to her room and she says "Mommy, don't come in my room." I'm like why not, what are you up to? Already my mind is racing with possibilities. She couldn't have set anything on fire, the scissors are carefully put away, what's the worst she could have done? So I go in and at first don't see it but there in her bed are hundreds of tiny beads. I instantly recognize them as the little, I mean like really small, beads I use to make my makeup brushes stand up in their holders. She obviously got them from my bedroom, so I head there next. The little beads are all over everything. Nearly every inch of floor is covered in them. She had taken my makeup brushes out and spread them around the floor then sprinkled the beads everywhere. After that she took all the tissues out of the tissue box and covered the beads with the kleenex. I look at her and she instantly says, "Dolly did it." It took two time outs, four conversations about it with me, and two more conversations with Eric before she finally admitted her part in the bead conspiracy.

The Culprits

The Beads - look how little they are.

No comments: